Find an LVN Program in Mississippi
Are you thinking about becoming a licensed vocational nurse but would like more information pertaining to the career? With a growing need for nursing professionals in Mississippi today, training for an LVN career is a smart choice. Furthermore, if you choose to work as an LVN in this state, you can expect an average salary of around $53,000 per year.
Before you can begin working as an LVN, you must earn a certificate or diploma in vocational nursing. You can accomplish this by applying for admission into an approved LVN program. These programs typically last about 12 to 18 months and focus on such areas as pharmacology, administering medications, taking and recording vital signs, drawing blood, and medical terminology. Once you finish your training, you can take your licensing exam, which is commonly known as the NCLEX-PN.
There are two parts to this exam: one part that tests your knowledge of healthcare and one that tests your practical nursing skills. Upon receiving a passing score on both parts of the exam, you can apply for your license from the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
- Coahoma Community College3240 Friars Point Rd, Clarksdale, MS 38614Request info
- Copiah-Lincoln Community College, Wesson1001 Co-Lin Lane, Wesson, MS 39191Request info
- East Central Community College, Decatur275 West Broad Street, Decatur, MS 39327Request info
- East Mississippi Community College1512 Kemper Street, Scooba, MS 39358Request info
- East Mississippi Community College, Golden TriangleP.O. Box 100, Mayhew, MS 39753Request info
- Hinds Community College505 East Main Street, Raymond, MS 39154Request info
- Hinds Community College, Jackson1750 Chadwick Drive, Jackson, MS 39204Request info
- Hinds Community College, Rankin3805 Highway 80 East, Pearl, MS 39208Request info
- Hinds Community College, UticaHighway 18 West, Utica, MS 39175Request info
- Hinds Community College, Vicksburg-Warren755 Highway 27 South, Vicksburg, MS 39180Request info
- Holmes Community College#1 Hill St, Goodman, MS 39079Request info
- Itawamba Community College602 W Hill Street, Fulton, MS 38843Request info
- Jones County Junior College900 South Court Street, Ellisville, MS 39437Request info
- Meridian Community College, Meridian910 Hwy 19 N, Meridian, MS 39307Request info
- Mississippi Delta Community CollegeHwy 3 and Cherry St, Moorhead, MS 38761Request info
- Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College51 Main Street, Perkinston, MS 39573Request info
- Northeast Mississippi Community College101 Cunningham Blvd, Booneville, MS 38829Request info
- Northwest Mississippi Community College4975 Hwy 51 N, Senatobia, MS 38668Request info
- Pearl River Community College101 Hwy 11 N, Poplarville, MS 39470Request info
- Southwest Mississippi Community College1156 College Dr, Summit, MS 39666Request info