Find an LVN Program in Maryland
Is it your dream to find a career that will leave you feeling satisfied at the end of each workday? Can you picture yourself working in a medical setting? If so, why not consider enrolling in an LVN program? Not only do LVN careers offer plenty of emotional rewards, but they pay excellent salaries as well. The average salary for an LVN in Maryland is about $52,000 per year.
The first step to beginning an LVN career in Maryland is acquiring the knowledge and skills you will need for the job. You can accomplish this by enrolling in a state-approved training program offered by a community college, trade school or university. During your training, you will learn about such topics as human anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, nursing for children, and nursing for seniors. Your program will last 12 to 18 months, after which time you must take the NCLEX-PN.
The NCLEX-PN is a licensure examination that is offered through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing. You will need a passing score on this test before you can apply for a license from the Maryland Board of Nursing.
- Allegany College of Maryland, Cumberland12401 Willowbrook Rd SE, Cumberland, MD 21502Request info
- Anne Arundel Community College101 College Pky, Arnold, MD 21012Request info
- Baltimore City Community College2901 Liberty Heights Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215Request info
- Carroll Community College1601 Washington Rd, Westminster, MD 21157Request info
- Chesapeake College, Wye Mills1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD 21679Request info
- College of Southern Maryland, La Plata8730 Mitchell Rd, La Plata, MD 20646Request info
- Frederick Community College7932 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD 21702Request info
- Hagerstown Community College11400 Robinwood Dr, Hagerstown, MD 21742Request info
- Howard Community College, Columbia10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21044Request info
- Prince George's Community College301 Largo Rd, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774Request info
- Sojourner - Douglass College500 N Caroline St, Baltimore, MD 21205Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County, Cantonsville800 South Rolling Road, Catonsville, MD 21228Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County, Dundalk7200 Sollers Point Road, Dundalk, MD 21222Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County, Essex7201 Rossville Blvd., Rosedale, MD 21237Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County, Hunt Valley11350 McCormick Road Executive Plaza III, Suite 400, Hunt Valley, MD 21031Request info
- The Community College of Baltimore County, Owings Mills110 Painters Mill Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117Request info
- Wor-Wic Community College32000 Campus Drive, Salisbury, MD 21804Request info