Find an LVN Program in Iowa
Are you looking for a career in Iowa that does not require lengthy training and will provide you with a decent paycheck? If so, a career as a licensed vocational nurse may be just what you are looking for! The average salary for LVNs in Iowa is around $50,000, and the best thing about this fast-growing career is that you can complete your training in just 12 to 18 months!
Your LVN program must be approved by the Iowa Board of Nursing and should include a variety of classroom-type courses as well as training conducted in a clinical setting. During your training, you will learn such things as medical terminology, pharmacology, taking and recording vital signs, and proper nursing care for patients of all ages. After completing your training, you will be able to take the National Council's Licensure Exam, which is informally known as the NCLEX-PN.
The NCLEX-PN contains two parts: a computer-based written portion and a hands-on clinical portion. An acceptable score is required on both portions for you to apply for a license from the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Des Moines Area Community College, Ankeny2006 Ankeny Blvd, Ankeny, IA 50023Request info
- Eastern Iowa Community College District306 W River Dr, Davenport, IA 52801Request info
- Ellsworth Community College1100 College Ave, Iowa Falls, IA 50126Request info
- Grand View University1200 Grandview Ave, Des Moines, IA 50316Request info
- Hawkeye Community College, Waterloo1501 E Orange Rd, Waterloo, IA 50701Request info
- Indian Hills Community College525 Grandview Ave, Ottumwa, IA 52501Request info
- Iowa Central Community CollegeOne Triton Circle, Fort Dodge, IA 50501Request info
- Iowa Lakes Community College19 S 7th St, Estherville, IA 51334Request info
- Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503Request info
- Kirkwood Community College6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52406Request info
- Marshalltown Community College3700 S Center St, Marshalltown, IA 50158Request info
- North Iowa Area Community College500 College Dr, Mason City, IA 50401Request info
- Northeast Iowa Community College, Calmar1625 Hwy 150, Calmar, IA 52132Request info
- Northwest Iowa Community College603 W Park St, Sheldon, IA 51201Request info
- Southeastern Community College, West Burlington1500 West Agency Road, West Burlington, IA 52655Request info
- Southwestern Community College, Creston1501 W. Townline Street, Creston, IA 50801Request info
- Western Iowa Tech Community College4647 Stone Ave, Sioux City, IA 51102Request info