Find an LVN Program in South Dakota
Is it a dream of yours to find a career in South Dakota that will offer numerous job opportunities and great wages? Does working in the medical field appeal to you? If so, why not make your dream come true? There is presently a shortage of qualified LVNs in South Dakota, and those who hold positions in this state earn average salaries of about $38,000 per year!
If you think that you would like to follow this career path, the first thing that you will need to do is attend an approved LVN program. You will be able to find these programs in a variety of colleges, trade schools and distance education centers. A typical LVN program will take you anywhere between 12 and 18 months to complete, at which time you will become eligible to sit for the national licensing examination.
The national licensing exam for vocational nurses is known as the NCLEX-PN, and it consists of two parts: a computer-based section and a practical skills section. You must pass both sections to obtain a license from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
- Lake Area Technical Institute1201 Arrow Avenue, Watertown, SD 57201Request info
- Mount Marty College1105 W. 8th Street, Yankton, SD 57078Request info
- Sinte Gleska UniversityE. Highway 18, 101 Antelope Lake Circle, Mission, SD 57555Request info
- Southeast Technical Institute2320 N Career Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57107Request info
- Western Dakota Technical Institute800 Mickelson Dr, Rapid City, SD 57703Request info